[PyQt] Problems with stylesheets.

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:41:07 GMT 2007

2007/12/3, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net>:

> [CC'ed pyqt, since your answer also contains info's of public interest]

Better, I forgot to reply all, since this is the only ML that does not reply
directly to the ML email when i use "Reply".

Am Montag, 3. Dezember 2007 schrieben Sie:
> > Well PETE.. I don't agree with you as you don't with me... so... save
> > your words and just direct me to the Qt forum/ML instead... Is that too
> > hard to do? :)
> > Styling could be a minor problem, yes, but i could post anyway too... I
> > don't care what you think about if i style to much or not my apps., i am
> > just asking for help... and most cause i just started to develop since
> > august.
> >
> > I know that is a minor "problem", still i could post.... Just maybe this
> > is not the place, but like i said below....
> >
> > Indeed... already solved with the help of Qt Folks... now i know that is
> > a question more of Qt than PyQt ;)
>
> Since you already grabbed some of our lifetime, how about a short message
> about how you solved your issue. This would amplify the public 'googable'
> knowledge of dusty PyQt corners, and is a great way to give back something
> to the community without much hassle for you.

I will when I could complete it, like i always do.

> Next time, shoot anyone else with your bullets ;)
>
> I didn't intended to appear rude, maybe it was just a bit more direct than
> usual. I definitely won't deter you from posting here, nor from
> programming
> with PyQt. I simply did a _IMHO_ realistic classification of your issue
> from reading this list, hmm, for about 6 years now.
>
> > And for the second... I don't provide a example code? lol.. you  are
> > blind then...
>
> Please read carefully: I talked about a [minimal] self contained example.
> You seem to expect us to add the missing pieces to your code in order to
> help _you_? A bit more sense of reality wouldn't harm then.

Again, your are BLIND... I've posted the stylesheet code... You, read
carefully next time. For stylesheet, you don't need the rest of the code, is
purely css (which I've fixed adding some css tricks)

> Last, i am starting as PyQt, not C++ (and I don't care to learn it). Or i
> > would never post here.
>
> I learned a lot C++ details from studying Qt's source, and peered with
> PyQt's docs and sip's, this helped me to solve a lot of PyQt problems in
> the past, and greatly improved the quality of my _PyQt_ apps, at least.

Your choice, not mine.... Choose or learn whatever language programming you
like... i will the same with the ones i like and which i will use.

I'm going to shut up now.

I am not ;)

Pete

> > Cheers.

> > >   First: you're so deep entangled in styling your apps, that you've
> > > most probably lost most of your readers _here_. Most of us mainly try
> > > to get their work done in the most effective way (primary reason for
> > > using PyQt in
> > > the first place), where styling is a minor, if at all issue..
> > >
> > >   Second: you don't provide a simple self contained example, that
> > > demonstrates your problem.
> > >
> > >   Advice: if you're capable enough (you should, IMHO), forget 2nd
> > > bullet, create the example directly in C++ and direct your request to
> > > qt-interest at trolltech.com - significant lower S/N ratio, but maybe
> > > you're lucky and convince some TT folk to care about your issues.
> > >
> > > Pete

Gustavo A. Díaz
GDNet Projects
www.gdnet.com.ar