[PyQt] pykde segmentation fault - debian etch

Giacomo Lacava g.lacava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:44:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

I was trying to use the http kioslave from pykde (mainly to avoid
dealing with proxy config), but I keep getting a segfault.

The call is like this:

>> import kio, kdecore
>> kio.KIO.NetAccess.download(kdecore.KURL("http://www.google.com"),"/home/myuser/tempfile")

I also keep getting segfaults as soon as I try to instantiate a KApplication.

Since I didn't trust the packages shipped with Debian etch, I
downloaded and compiled the riverbank source (pykde 3.16.0). This is
the output of configure.py:

python configure.py -d /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages -v
/usr/local/share/sip

     PyKDE version 3.16.0
           -------

Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.4
Python version is 2.4.4

sip version is 4.4.5 (4.4.5)

Qt directory is /usr/share/qt3
Qt version is 3.3.6

PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip/qt
PyQt version is 3.16 (3.16.0)

gcc version 4.1.2
concatenating files

KDE base directory is /usr
KDE include directory is /usr/include/kde
KDE lib directory is /usr/lib
lib directory is lib

*** True KDE version is 0x30507 -- building for KDE 0x30503 ***

KDE version is 3.5.3 (0x30503)

PyKDE modules will be installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
PyKDE .sip files will be installed in /usr/local/share/sip

PyKDE modules to be built:
   dcop kdecore kdefx kdeui kio kresources kabc kutils kfile kparts
khtml kspell kdeprint kmdi
[...]

What am I doing wrong?

If it's not possible to use the kioslave, does anybody know how to
retrieve the proxy info from Konqueror in some other way, without
having to read the config files?

cheers
Giacomo
--