[PyQt] QtGui.QSessionManager: Syntax

Chris Giles chris.g.27 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:33:42 GMT 2007

I want to use "QSessionManager" in my PyQt4 application, so that it will be
reloaded when the user logs back into KDE.  I've tried all of the following
without success.

   - QtGui.QApplication.saveState ( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
   - aMain.saveState( QtGui.QSessionManager() )
   - smCurrent = QtGui.QSessionManager()

The error message I receive in each case is as follows.

   - TypeError: QtGui.QSessionManager cannot be instantiated or
   sub-classed

I searched on the web for this but found nothing of much use.  Can someone
please explain how to use "QSessionManager" from within a PyQt4 application?