[PyKDE] Re: QTreeView -- selecting text within cell

Kelly Burkhart kelly.burkhart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:27:14 GMT 2007

On 2/2/07, Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to select a portion of text within a cell in a
> QTreeView (or QTableView)?  I would like to treat one column of cells
> as lines of text from which I can select text just like selecting in
> an editor.  I do not need to select from multiple lines.
>
> Any ideas on how this can be done?

The attached is what I came up with.  It's not what I thought I wanted
when I started, but I think functionally it is better.

-- You can select arbitrary cells and on X11 middle-click and the cell
contents are pasted in a sensible way.
-- You can select arbitrary cells, <copy> or <cut>, then paste the
contents somewhere else.  (widget is read-only so cut doesn't modify
the contents)
-- You can double click on a cell and select text within a cell and
paste in the usual way.

If any of you see any lossage I'd love to hear it.  I feel like to
some extent I've stumbled through this.  ;-)

One bit that may cause problems is the TstTreeView.copySelection
method.  In X11, it is called on every change to the view selection
and could get quite expensive if a big region is selected.

-K