[PyKDE] Threading problem with PyQt4 and Macosx

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 22:43:31 GMT 2007

On 21.02.07 23:23:28, Michael Guntsche wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 23:10, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> >You forgot the .ui file for the dialog, but there's one thing I don't
> >understand: Why do you use a QMutex? You don't access any non-local data
> >between the lock and unlock so the mutex is useless.
> >

> Apparently the Mutex seems to make a difference. If I do not use it, the
> application hangs earlier (with less threads).

I can reproduce serious slowdown here, but that is because of too many
threads posting too many information to the gui thread which needs to do
an update.

Also on the commandline I see
TypeError: write() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
after trying to remove a thread.

I don't have time at the moment to debug this further, though...

Andreas

--
Blow it out your ear.