[PyKDE] SIP automatically casting up to a QWidget

Paul Giannaros ceruleanblaze at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:53:49 GMT 2007

I have a class A that i'm wrapping with SIP. The class inherits from a bunch
of other classes. One of the classes it inherits from also in turn inherits
from QWidget. When I import the created module, whenever I call a method that
is meant to return an instance of class A I get a QWidget instead. I can use
sip.cast to get the QWidget back to an A instance, but that's not a very
friendly solution.
Can someone suggest why this is happening, or how to fix it?