[PyKDE] Re: Threading problem with PyQt4 and Macosx

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Fri Feb 23 20:52:54 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 12:38, Michael Guntsche wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2007, at 20:43, Matt Newell wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> Can you try and change the connect to a QueuedConnection? It looks
> like it is using a "DirectConnection" now.
> I was sure I tried that before, but back then I was using events and
> not signals.

It's already (correctly) using a queued connection to send the signal.
I've already tracked it down further and eliminated one of the deadlock code
paths by putting a /ReleaseGIL/ annotation on QLabel::setText.  There is
another deadlock though happening in the connect call which i'm tracking down
now.

> I tried it on my computer, but although the "connect" returns True I
> do not get the emitted signal in my main thread.
> I do not understand why.

Hmm, i'm not sure why that would happen.

Matt