[PyKDE] Wrapping Poppler Qt4 with SIP

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 11:28:16 GMT 2007

Hello friends,

I am trying to wrap Poppler Qt4 library with SIP. I hit upon a problem:

When the classes I am wrapping refer to other classes in the same .sip
file, I get errors like "sip: <class> is undefined". I did not
understand this error message, since there is no line number provided
by sip. However, commenting some lines in the .sip file made it go
away.

I realise this is not an error in SIP, since I can see the very same
in various PyQt4 .sip files. But, I am not able to see what error I am
making. Could someone please help me to fix this error ?

Representative examples in the attached .sip file:

line 34 in class TextBox: TextBox *nextWord() const;
line 116 in class Page: QList<TextBox*> textList() const;
lines 176-184 in class Document:

    static Document *load(const QString & filePath,
                  const QByteArray &ownerPassword=QByteArray(),
                  const QByteArray &userPassword=QByteArray());

    Page *page(int index) const;

    Page *page(QString label) const;

... and others

By commenting those lines, "python configure.py" and "make" works without error.

Thank you.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian