[PyKDE] pykde newbie--several questions

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 4 21:08:38 GMT 2007

On 04.01.07 14:12:21, Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> 1) My understanding is that KDE 4 will run on OS X and Windows. Will pykde also
> support those platforms, under KDE 4?

Thats the plan.

> 2) It appears that pykde can access the DOM inside an HTML window in a great
> deal of detail. Is it possible to write pykde scripts that create an HTML
> window, receive events from the window, and then update the DOM of the window
> 'live' so that the user sees their action reflected in the contents of the
> window? To put it more simply, is it possible to script applications that
> simply use the HTML DOM as the user interface?

I don't think KHTML exposes access to the DOM if thats what you mean.

> 3) When and if pykde/KDE 4 supports OS X and Windows, are there any guesses as
> to it will be possible to write apps that (pretty much) appear to be native
> apps to users?

That totally depends on KDE/Qt. AFAIK Qt apps look native on Windows,
not sure about MacOS as I don't have a Mac

> 4) Is pykde included with (or easily installable on) Kubuntu? That's the Linux
> version I'm looking at installing on my Intel Mac.

Well, PyKDE3 is relatively easy to install and AFAIK Kubuntu even comes
with a packaged pykde. As for PyKDE4, time will tell, there's not a
single line of PyKDE4 code written yet.

Andreas

--
Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.