[PyKDE] Compliling pyqt4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 11:36:18 GMT 2007

On 15.01.07 02:51:24, David Boddie wrote:
> On Mon Jan 15 02:27:21 MET 2007, pykde at x11.cjb.net wrote:
> > $ python configure.py - q /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
> > Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
> > Error: Failed to create ./qtdirs. Make sure you have a working Qt v4 qmake
> > on your PATH or use the -q argument to explicitly specify a working Qt v4
> > qmake.
>
> I'm guessing you actually wrote "-q" rather than "- q". If so, you might need
> to find a location for qmake outside the /usr/bin directory. Traditionally,
> on Debian-based systems, I believe that qmake (for Qt 3) is located at
> /usr/share/qt3/bin/qmake, so the version for Qt 4 _may_ be located at
> /usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake as well.
>
> It might be worth trying that:

No, PyQt4's configure works different. We had to do this in the "early"
stages of PyQt4, but nowadays it gets the information about Qt paths
from a compiled program and those are always the same, no matter where
the qmake that belongs to the installation is put. It works here for me
using /usr/bin/qmake-qt4.

Andreas

--
Don't worry.  Life's too long.