[PyKDE] embedding python widgets in C++ app

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Mon Jan 15 21:53:29 GMT 2007

Patrick Stinson napisał(a):
> I know I've seen info here and there about using python widgets in C++
> apps, but I need a recap.
>
> So I've already got this great C++ app with an embedded interpreter for
> scripting special app functions. What do I need to do to write a widget
> in python and use it as a child in my C++ app?

You have to pass QWidget pointer to Python app and use it as parent for
your Python widget. Or the other way round :)

You can see example how to do it in my sidebar for Konqueror which
embeds Python scripts:

It is not nice and clean approach, but it works.
If someone knows better way, I would be interested too :)

HTH

	Krzysztof Lichota