[PyKDE] Problem with pylupdate of PyQt4

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jan 17 18:31:01 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 16:02, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Monday 15 January 2007 1:01 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it seems, that pylupdate doesn't recognise translation strings like
> >
> > self.trUtf8("""The project contains %n file(s) with syntax errors.""",
> >             "", filesWithSyntaxErrors)
> >
> > This is a form new in Qt 4.2 and is the Plural form of tr (or trUtf8).
>
> Try tonight's snapshot - untested.

Doesn't work for. Following problems.

1. It takes ages (for eric4 ~60s per language) to extract the translation
strings.
2. All existing translations are not marked as translated any more.
3. The produced translation entry for the example above doesn't get recognized
as a plural form by Linguist.

Regards,
Detlev
--