[PyKDE] pyuic4 error

TheMoon Seeker themoonseeker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:47:46 GMT 2007

Hi!

I'm trying PyQt and I have a problem when generating python file.. I'm on
Ubuntu and I have installed python-qt4 4.0.1 and qt4.designer 4.2.0. I use
the designer to create a simple gui with a Graphics View, then I saved it on
test.ui. I generate py file by using this command : pyuic4 -o test.py -x
test.ui and all is ok! But when I resize the QGraphicsView with the
designer, save again and try to regenerate test.py, I've got this error :

themoonseeker at virtualOne:~/Desktop$ pyuic4 -o test.py -x test.ui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pyuic4", line 76, in ?
    sys.stderr.write(e)
TypeError: argument 1 must be string or read-only character buffer, not
instance

I don't what's happened!? Could someone help me?

Thank you

Francis