[PyQt] Incorrect base for wrapped class

Kelly Burkhart kelly.burkhart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:49:51 BST 2007

On 7/4/07, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> You need to pass the same -t flags to your invocation of sip as were used when
> you built PyQt. The following bit of Python tells you what they were...
>
> from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig
>
> print pyqtconfig.Configuration().pyqt_sip_flags
>
> Without it, when building your module, SIP thinks PyQt is built for an older
> version of Qt with some classes missing. You then get the mismatch in those
> tables I was talking about.

Ah Ha!  That worked.  Thanks!

BTW, my confusion is partly a result of the sip documentation.  In
sipref.html, it does this:

import pyqtconfig

rather than:

from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig

When I did this it picked up another pyqtconfig which must be
associated with kde3 which threw me off the track a bit.

Thanks!

-K