[PyQt] configure.py: -e semantic

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Jul 10 17:09:48 BST 2007

Hi Phil,

currently, -e MODULE means "activate MODULE, checking that it's built in
Qt too". This is a little counter-intuitive to me: I would expect "-e
MODULE" to mean "I really really want MODULE to be there", and thus
configure.py to abort if the module(s) I specified are not built in Qt
and thus cannot be compiled.

Do you instead consider the current behaviour better, or at least just
as potentially useful? If not, I will submit a patch to change it so
that configure.py fails if the module can't be activated.

Otherwise, would you mind if I add a way to tell configure.py to abort
if the enabled modules can't be activated?
--
Giovanni Bajo