[PyQt] Problems building PyQt snapshot on Win32 with MinGW -- all details included

Martin Blais blais at furius.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:24:10 BST 2007

On 7/11/07, Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/2007 9:05 PM, Martin Blais wrote:
>
> > I'm having problems building PyQt4 from source using MinGW under
> > Windows XP. Here are the steps I went through, with detail about each
> > of the problems. I'm hoping this information will help you fix some of
> > the mess. I also hope that it will be convincing enough to make it
> > obvious that it is a bit painful right now.
>
> One question: *why* you want to use such a complex configuration? Can't

I don't. I just want to build it and get back to coding.
I used the Cygwin shell because using cmd.exe is usually rather... painful.

> you just use MinGW with the CMD shell? That should mostly work out of
> the box.

Thanks, I'll try that right this moment.
It would be useful if this was mentioned in the documentation, i.e.
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyQt4/pyqt4ref.html#building-pyqt

Thanks (ditto for the 3 other people who gave the same answer).