[PyQt] Need Help Wrapping WebKit

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 23:49:18 BST 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:50:26 -0400, Rob Knapp wrote:

> > On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:15:29 -0400, Rob Knapp wrote:

> > I found it easier to look at an existing project. Maybe it's time for
> > some more documentation about this.
>
> Well, I dug for several hours a while in the PyQT code before posting to
> the list, but wasn't able to find the magic key.  I will keep trying.
>
> If I can get this working, I'd be happy to submit an updated tutorial with
>  whatever information I gather.

Sounds good. I'll hold you to your promise. ;-)

> > Does WebKit come with test and examples that you can use to check that
> > it actually works as expected?
>
> Yes, building webkit builds a program called QtLauncher that lets you test
> and make sure everything is working, and I have verified that it was
> functional before posting.

OK. Maybe I should take a look at that.

> > If you put your code somewhere, the people on this list who are both
> > interested in WebKit and SIP experts can take a look at it.
>
> The code was attached to my original posting, a breach of netiquette, I
> know. However, I figured since the tarball was smaller than some posts
> (1.8K) to the list, it wouldn't raise too many hackles.

Ah, I see it now. I read your message via the list archive, so I didn't
see it.

> Of course, if people would rather download it from a website, I can easily
> post it somewhere as well.

It's available on the Web now, anyway:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2007-July/016594.html

Let's look at your original error report again:

> > > but when I try to import I get:
> > >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> > > ImportError: ./libQtWebKit.so: undefined symbol:
> > > _ZN8QWebPage11qt_metacastEPKc
> >
> > This looks like moc should have been used to process a header file, but
> > wasn't. It's not easy to say how you can fix this without knowing more
> > about WebKitQt's build process and the one for your own wrappers.

It could be something as simple as not linking against all the correct
libraries. It's difficult to say.

I'll try to build WebKitQt then see what's happening with your wrappers.

David