[PyQt] Difficulties with debugging

Preisig, Heinz A Heinz.Preisig at chemeng.ntnu.no
Mon Jul 23 11:44:48 BST 2007

Hi,
I have been porting an editor that is strongly graphics based to the new
version. Thought it would be useful to reflect some of the problems I
had with  the conversion. Firstly there were a large number of small
changes. Mostly renaming due to the changes made by the Trolltech
people. Lots of the new names seemed quite unnecessary at a first glance
at least.
The main problem though is that the debugging is difficult as python is
blowing frequently. Seems that there are some memory issues, which are
difficult to identify from the surface. Problems seem to focus on
graphview and graphitems. Not quite sure on how to approach the problem.

I am using Eclipse + PyDev as a developing environment.

Heinz Preisig

Heinz A Preisig
Professor of Process Systems Engineering 	Private:
Øvre Bakklandet 62 B, 7013 Trondheim, Norway
Department of Chemical Engineering
N -- 7491 Trondheim, Norway 	Tel direct:         +47     735 92807
Tel mob:           +47     9754 1334
e-mail:              Heinz.Preisig at chemeng.ntnu.no
<mailto:Heinz.Preisig at chemeng.ntnu.no>
web:                 www.chemeng.ntnu.no\~preisig