[PyQt] Problems with QX11EmbedContainer

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jul 27 23:17:24 BST 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:44:11 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:

> I am having troubles to make QX11EmbedContainer to work.
>
> I am trying to ebbed a Xterm console inside a frame.
> I've tested this method with QX11EmbedContainer in a example with Mplayer
> movie, and that worked.
> I am following that example but with the xterm is not working, only
> sometimes shows this while executing the MainApp:
>
>     "QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running"
>
> Nothing more.

Looking at your code, it seems that you are passing the wrong option
to xterm:

self.parameters_list = ['-wid', str(wid), '-bg', 'black', '-fg', 'white',
                        '-geometry', '90x25']

You should be passing '-into' rather than '-wid'. It might also be a good
idea to pass the QX11EmbedContainer's window ID using QString.number(wid)
instead of just str(wid). Python may interpret the ID as a long integer
value, so its representation will include a trailing "L" - it's not
something you really want to pass to xterm.

David