[PyQt] ANN: eric4 4.0.0 release

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jun 3 16:41:16 BST 2007

On Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> > I am proud to announce the availability of the first official release of
> > eric4. eric4 is the successor of the well known eric3 Python development
> > environment.
> >
> > http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/index.html
> > detlev at die-offenbachs.de
>
> One of the requirements for Eric 4 is Qscintilla 2.0 or better.
> Riverbank has 1,73 here
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/QScintilla2/
>
> so where does one get Qscintilla2.0 ?

That is the right link. One of the files listed is called

QScintilla-1.73-gpl-2.1.tar.gz

That is QScintilla 2.1. The number 1.73 is an indication for the Scintilla
version being included. Unfortunately, this naming scheme has caused some
misunderstandings in the past as well.

Phil, can you make the naming more clear with respect to the QScintilla
version number?

Regards,
Detlev
--