[PyQt] PyQt4 Book: Update

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Jun 11 09:06:18 BST 2007

Hi,

Just to let you know that "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt" is
now on Amazon.com, so can be pre-ordered.

The book covers PyQt4 programming on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, and
is based on Python 2.5, Qt 4.2 (including the new graphics view
classes), and PyQt 4.2.

It is due to be published in the US in late October. Phil is writing the
foreword and is one of the five technical reviewers.

Amazon currently only has price and ordering information:
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Python-Prentice-Software-Development/dp/0132354187

The book's homepage has the table of contents, and a brief description:
http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

An electronic "rough cut" is also due to be available soon for those who
can't wait 'til October. Initially 50% of the book then 75% will be
available---I'll email when I know about the price and availability.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu