[PyQt] pyqt + python 2.5.x on qtopia 1.7.1

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 11 22:41:26 BST 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 12:06:26 +0000, Thomas B. Rücker" wrote:

> did a bit of googling around and didn't find any recent information
> about pyqt besides on qtopia 4.2.x.

Just to clarify: if you're referring to

  http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/PyQt4_on_the_Qtopia_Greenphone

then I have to mention that Qtopia Core 4.2.x is not the same thing as
Qtopia 4.2.x. If you're referring to something else then I'd like to see
those links. :-)

> Will the current pyqt build against python 2.5.1 (that's what we have at
> the moment) and qtopia 1.7.1 (that's what we're stuck with at the moment
> :-/)? Our users have been requesting this for some time now and I though
> I should get this going finally...

It doesn't sound like a combination that would be in common use, but I
imagine Phil would have an idea about whether it would work. I just don't
know what level of support there is for Qt 2 in PyQt3 these days.

David