[PyQt] Re: autodetect Python.h in configure.py for SIP

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 16:29:30 BST 2007

On 25.06.07 14:52:02, techtonik wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat <apaku <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> > On 19.06.07 11:27:13, techtonik wrote:
> > > The same thing happens with generated Makefiles. They contain DOS/NT commands
> > > even if generated from MSYS environment. Why isn't it possible to use
> > > distutils/setuptools or scons instead of reinventing the process?
> >
> > Because it is rather hard to do this with at least distutils.
> >
> > Apart from that: Why do you use MSYS at all? Python, gcc and also PyQt
> > work fine without it.
>
> Because IIRC autotools do not work without MSYS,

Right, but autotools are broken anyway ;)

> so every time I have to issue ./configure I automatically load it.

But you didn't issue ./configure, you issued python configure.py. So you
started a python program. The reason why you need MSYS for autotools is
that their configure script uses POSIX shell commands, which cmd.exe
doesn't understand. A python script doesn't have that problem.

Andreas

--
Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.