[PyQt] some questions for a syntaxhighlighting component

kib2 kib2 at free.fr
Fri May 4 11:08:15 BST 2007

Hi,

1. I've downloaded the last version of PyQt, now I wanted to test the
QtScintilla control but I'm on a Vista machine and I've got
  problems compiling SIP with MingW (not entirely Vista compatible ?).
Does anyone have some hints to help me ?

2. I've tried the syntaxhighlighter demo without success, only the first
line of a file is highlighted.
  The Qt4.2.3 C++ version works pretty well on my machine. What's wrong ?

3. In looking at the syntaxhighlighter demo code, I saw that it used a
simple TextEdit control. The only problem I see with it is that I cannot
  see any gutter margin for line numbers/folding. Did someone wrote
something similar already or do you have any idea on how to do this ?

Thanks a lot,
Kib²