[PyQt] Which Linux distros have PyQt4 preinstalled?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Thu May 10 15:29:57 BST 2007

On Thu 10-May-07, Douglas Soares de Andrade wrote:
> Mark Summerfield escreveu:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I just found out that Kubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" includes PyQt4
>  > preinstalled (version 4.1).
>  >
>  > Does anyone know if it is also preinstalled on plain Ubuntu, or on the
>  > forthcoming Fedora 7, or indeed on any other Linux distro?
>  >
>  > Thanks.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Im the maintainer of pyqt4 in Archlinux. It does not comes
> pre-installed, but the user can enable the repository community (it will
> be enabled by default in the next version of the package maintainer -
> pacman)
>
> And to install the user just has to do:
>
> pacman -Sy pyqt4

Hi,

When I looked at
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/search/?repo=all&category=all&q=pyqt&lastupdate=&limit=50
it only lists PyQt 3.

Anyway, I'll assume that the pyqt4 package will be there soon. Does this
include the documentation, or is that in a separate package
(pyqt4-doc?).

Thanks.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu