[PyQt] ANN: new eric4 snapshot release

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Nov 7 20:06:05 GMT 2007

On Mittwoch, 7. November 2007, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> >>
> >> I've got the snapshot installed. Here's a couple of comments:
> >>
> >> * The autocomplete window always pops up regardless of how I configure
> >> it. I want it to be available but only to appear when I press
> >> Ctnl+Space. (I see that you've improved the popup too in the snapshot.
> >> cool! much better)
> >
> > Did you disable autocompletion in the configuration dialog? It works over
> > here.
>
> I've had a very though play with the autocompletion dialog and have
> tried every combination. It even pops up by its self when the threshold
> is on 10. It does look like a bug. Tell me where to insert the debug
> line. ;-)

In file QScintilla/Editor.py in method __setAutoCompletion check, what the
call of Preferences.getEditor("AutoCompletionEnabled") returns. If
autocompletion has been turned off in the configuration dialog, this should
be False. If it still returns True, please exit eric4 and check the file
~/.config/Eric4/eric4.conf. The AutoCompletionEnabled in the Editor section
should be 0.

> >> * When Eric4 started it showed all of the toolbars by default. That is
> >> probably not a good idea.
> >
> > What would be a good idea?
>
> As little as possible. "Edit", "File" and "View" are plenty. The "File"
> toolbar doesn't need a quit button either. The GUI would be a lot better
> if there was less of it. (I've got a 1e6 + 1 usability suggestions if
> you want them. Do you have a public SVN repository?)

Not yet.

> Another thing. I use grey as a background for my editing windows etc.
> I've done this by messing with the syntax highlighting, but every time
> the cursor is on a ':' character the screen flickers white. Is there a
> global windows background colour that I should set?

The default background color is that used by Qt4.

> >> * How can I generate an API file for something like PyKDE4? I found
> >> eric-api.py and it accepts PyKDE4 as an argument, and says that it was
> >> OK, but it doesn't put anything in the api file.
> >
> > eric-api.py is there to generate API files from Python source. As PyKDE4
> > is not Python source you cannot use it. sip has an API generation
> > facility for sip wrappers. That could be used for PyKDE4. But you should
> > check PyKDE4 first because I expect it to have an install option, that
> > generates the API.
>
> oh, I see. I'll have a look around in PyQt
>
> thanks,

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach