[PyQt] Problem installing Vendorid

Chris Dunscombe cdunscombe at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 15:22:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install the VendorId on Windows 2000 Pro with Python 2.5 to create signed
interpreter etc. I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I get the following:

    T:\sw_depot\qt_pyqt_etc\windows_unzips_etc\VendorID-1.0.0>python setup.py build
    running build
    running build_clib
    error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
    extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
    Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
    you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

This was with ActiveState Python 2.5.1. So I built my own Python using Visual C++ 2005 Express
Edition. However I got the same error message, which is really confusing as I KNOW that Python was
not built with Visual Studio 2003!!

Anyone got any ideas? (I'd rather not go the MinGW route unless I have too.)

Thanks,

Chris