[PyQt] changes to sip.py breaking py2app recipe

Scott Willman scottwillman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 22:25:58 GMT 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 1:10 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Friday 16 November 2007, Scott Willman wrote:
> > I'm trying to debug the py2app recipe that handles sip on the mac. From
> > what I see, it appears to be looking for:
> >
> >  sipconfig.Configuration(). qt_lib_dir
> >
> > However, this attribute doesn't appear to exist anymore (that I can
> find).
> > If it has indeed changed, is this information stored in another
> attribute
> > somewhere else?
>
> from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig
> pyqtconfig.Configuration().qt_lib_dir

Fixed! When it fully works, I'll see if the author of py2app will update it
for the masses.

> > Also, it's looking for a environment variable called 'DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH'
> > that I don't seem to have set. I don't see any other env vars that would
> > contain what that it seems to be looking for. Can anyone fill in the
> blanks
> > here?
>
> It contains the list of additional directories searched by the loader for
> shared libraries. Nether SIP nor SIP generated code needs it - but
> libraries
> being wrapped by SIP might, depending on where they are installed (but
> that's
> a problem for those libraries).
>
> It sounds like that recipe is for SIP v3.
>
> Phil

There must be central place where these paths are listed. One of the
elements it cannot find is QtCore.so. While that's easy enough to find, it
would still be good to find where it's path is stored so as not to hardcode
anything. Any ideas what replaced the DYNLD_LIBRARY_PATH env var?