[PyQt] Custom widgets, dynamic properties and css

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Nov 21 08:35:53 GMT 2007

On 2007-11-20, Richard Smith wrote:
> Mark Summerfield wrote:
> > I think for styles you must call setStyle() rather than update() to
> > apply a new (or modified) style.
>
> Nope, that segfaulted... It did update the style before it segfaulted
> though.

Well, if you're not mixing painting with calling setStyle() I don't see
why it should segfault. If you could reduce it to as small an example as
possible and post that then at least Phil could try it and see if it is
a PyQt bug. (A backtrace might help too.)

> I've also tried setting the property using a QtCore.pyqtProperty() and
> various methods still no luck.
>
> I'm not in a position to apply styles from the control, since the
> end-user environment of this application is in varying light levels, and
> as such I need to be able to change the entire colour scheme.
>
> About the only thing that works at the moment, is to reload the entire
> stylesheet application wide :(

Which presumably is a bit flickery:(

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu