[PyQt] Building the QScintilla-1.73 PyQt4 bindings

Jan Ekholm jan.ekholm at smultron.net
Mon Nov 26 13:22:49 GMT 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> > Or is this a case where I should either a) remove all the distro packages
> > and compile everything myself or b) just let it be and wait for some
> > future version of said distro which includes a newer sip and possibly
> > everything else too?
>
> That's up to you.
>
> Your installation is obviously broken as sip and sipconfig.py are from
> different versions, but I can't say how it got into that situation.

Ok. It wouldn't be the first time that Kubuntu packages are a
bit "interesting" in a non-standard way.

Thank you for clearing it all up, now I know what goes wrong. It all means
basically that I'm stuck with whatever version was used to compile PyQt4 as
the sip version information comes from there.

I think I'll stay with Emacs and the default Qt tools for now and test Eric4
at some later time. :)

--
Jan Ekholm
jan.ekholm at smultron.net