[PyQt] Debugging PyQt access violations in Windows??

Dirk Wagener dwagen at stonethree.com
Tue Nov 27 08:36:37 GMT 2007

Hi

Can anyone give me advice on PyQt debugging techniques?
I am using Eclipse 3.3 with PyDev extensions for development.

I specifically have problems  with access violations.
Something goes wrong (normally when I exit my PyQt app by closing it)
and I get a
Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger window saying "An unhandled
exception occured in python.exe"

If I open Visual Studio and look at the output, it typically looks
something like this:

"Unhandled exception at 0x00b604df in python.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x28c02e5c."

Obviously this does not help me much.

My PyQt app has a Main Window and a bunch of child dialogs. I suspect
there is some garbage collection
issue when I close the Main Window. How do I debug this??
Please help me... this year is getting too long.... :(

Kind regards
Dirk Wagener

--
Dirk Wagener <dwagen at stonethree.com>
(MSc. Electronic Engineering, Stell.)

Project Engineer
Stone Three Signal Processing (Pty.) Ltd.
http://www.stonethree.com
+27 21 851 3123 (phone)
+27 21 851 3127 (fax)

We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will
be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot