[PyQt] Re: Building on Fedora 7

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 14:43:01 BST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> > It appears PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3.1 is not picking up that the Qt libraries on
> > Fedora 7 are shared. This is with the latest qt4-4.3.1-3.fc7 package.
>
> I'll add if you work around this by modifying configure, then it cannot
> find the default QMAKESPEC. There is no default directory
> in /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/
>
> Is this a qt4 packaging bug?

Yes, as far as I am concerned. Linux distros continue to invent new ways to
break Qt installations. I only support the standard Qt build.

However modifying configure.py should be easy - just modify the embedded
source of the code that sees if QT_SHARED is defined so that the relevant
condition is always true.