[PyQt] Re: libCrun on Solaris

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at denviso.de
Mon Oct 8 12:18:11 BST 2007

Jeremy Sanders wrote:

>Ulrich Berning wrote:
>

>>INSTALL=/usr/local/bin/install \
>>LINKCC="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -mt" \
>>CC="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -mt" \
>>CXX="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -mt" \
>>./configure \
>>--prefix=/usr/local \
>>--with-cxx-main="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -mt" \
>>--with-threads \
>>--enable-shared
>>

>Thanks - I saw in the Makefile LINK was set to CC, but I didn't realise that
>LINK for C++ was a different variable.
>
>I wonder who is at fault for not setting this correctly? Qt or PyQt?
>
>Jeremy

To be clear, the above is the configure statement for Python itself, not
for Qt and not for PyQt.

It has nothing to do with Qt or PyQt. If an executable (Python in this
case) loads C++ shared objects, it must be linked as a C++ program. Only
the executable can contain a reference to the C++ runtime library.

Ulli