[PyQt] pyuic expects certain property methods in Designer plugins

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 12:53:36 BST 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007, Arve Knudsen wrote:
> What's the meaning of the stdset attribute? It turns out that for the
> properties of my own custom widget Designer does not specify the stdset
> attribute (not quite sure why), and if stdset is missing or equals "1"
> pyuic reverts to the old behaviour of guessing the setter method's name
> (rather than using setProperty).

It means that the name of the setter follows the Qt convention, ie. starts
with "set". Designer should give the attribute a value of "0" in the .ui file
if the 0x000000100 flag is clear in the property flags in the meta-object.

If you look at the qtcore_qt_metaobject_worker() function in qobject.sip you
can see where it is checking the name of the setter and setting the flag
appropriately.