[PyQt] Qt.Queuedconnection queue size

Dirk Wagener dwagen at stonethree.com
Thu Oct 11 09:54:35 BST 2007

Hi

I have a signal that is emitted from one thread to another. I wire it as
follows:

QtCore.QObject.connect( self.__model, QtCore.SIGNAL("TestSignal"),
                                self.callable1,
QtCore.Qt.QueuedConnection  )

* How do I limit the size of the queue used for the queuedconnection in
this case?

* When the signal is emitted by one thread, an image is passed to the
slot. When the slot does not service the signals
quick enough, the memory usage starts climbing because of the queue just
growing and growing.

* Is it possible to set the queue size for just one specific signal to
slot connection?

Kind regards
Dirk Wagener

--
Dirk Wagener <dwagen at stonethree.com>
(MSc. Electronic Engineering, Stell.)

Project Engineer
Stone Three Signal Processing (Pty.) Ltd.
http://www.stonethree.com
+27 21 851 3123 (phone)
+27 21 851 3127 (fax)

We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will
be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot