[PyQt] PyQt4 snapshots don't build with -c -j

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 15 17:44:32 BST 2007

Hi,

yesterday I fetched a new PyQt4 snapshot and as always let it build with
-c -j 8. After about 30 minutes that it spent on sipQtGuipart0 I stopped
it and increased to -j 20. Same problem with that number. Even -j 30
causes this. I noticed though that the sipQtGuiPart0.cpp has only a
difference of 100Kbytes between -j20 and -j30, that seems odd to me.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? (I've got a GB of RAM
here, so that shouldn't be an issue) It really sucks having to disable
concatenation as it speeds up compilation a lot.

I always had such issues with PyKDE, but PyQt always worked fine using
concatenation.

Andreas

--
Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of good news soon.