[PyQt] PyKDE4 guide/tutorial

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Oct 17 13:11:53 BST 2007

Hi Arne,

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 11:03 schrieb Arne Babenhauserheide:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a guide for PyKDE4? Google didn't get me far, here...
>
> I don't yet know KDE programming. Should I try to get into PyKDE4
> nontheless?
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/3.94/kdebindings/python/pykde4/README?view
>=markup

For beginners, I suggest start learning/using PyQt4. It is pretty complete
as a toolkit. Mark Summerfield has written a book about it, which will get
you started (soon to be released, but also available for (payed) download
as "rough cut" PDF edition): http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html.

Before you wrapped your head around it, and probably start missing advanced
(k) desktop environment features, PyKDE4 will be available, I bet.

> Besides: I'm learning Python at the moment.

Good luck,
  Pete