[PyQt] Internationalization problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 23:40:04 BST 2007

On 19.10.07 21:47:58, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> [latest PyQt]
>
> Hi,
>
> reading through Mark Summerfield's book I've tried to localise my
> appliation. This works fine for my own translation but not for the one
> >from Trolltech (qt_de.qm). This means that for instance all my menus
> are in German but the close, maximize, minimize and restore buttons in
> the upper right edge are still in English.

The window-buttons are usually provided by the windowing system and thus
are not translated by the application itself. So check that your desktop
environment runs in a german locale. Also this should be the same then
for any other apps that run on your machine.

Have you checked wether a QFileDialog provides proper translated text?
(All files should be translated for example). Also check that the
translation files are actually installed under
<qt-install-dir>/translations

Andreas

--
You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.