[PyQt] busy message

Kerri Reno kreno at yumaed.org
Mon Oct 22 17:49:40 BST 2007

I have a application that takes a while to display.  It's collecting a lot
of data and making a lot of calculations.  Does anyone have any suggestions
for putting up a busy message?  To inform the user to 'please wait', I put a
pop-up Frame with a busy message.  It locks up my session so I can't change
to any other application or window.   Then I tried to make the busy message
a pop-up frame with a progress meter that increments based on a timer
running in another thread.  It still locks up my session.  Any ideas?  I'm
using NX Client and Gnome.

TIA,
Kerri
--