[PyQt] Newbie needs help in installing PyQt

Dick Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 11:49:19 GMT 2007

On 10/28/07, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 25 October 2007, Dick Moores wrote:
> > Win XP, Python 2.5.1
> >
> > <http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/download.php> says:
> >
> > ===============================
> > Binary Packages
> > The binary installer for Windows contains everything needed for PyQt
> > development except for Python itself.
> >
> > PyQt
> > Qt (with database support for SQLite3 and ODBC)
> > Qt Designer
> > Qt Linguist
> > Qt Assistant
> > pyuic4
> > pylupdate4
> > lrelease
> > pyrcc4
> > QScintilla
> > PyQwt
> > Qwt
> > eric IDE
> > =================================
> >
> > So I downloaded "PyQt v4 GPL for Windows and Python v2.5"
> > using the link just below the above. It seemed to install OK, and
> > shows on my Start menu. However, Eric won't load.
>
> Do any of the examples run?

In E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\eric4\Examples\ the only one that
runs is hallo.py

For rhallo.py I get

===================================
E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\eric4\Examples>rh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\eric4\Exa
    import eric4dbgstub
ImportError: No module named eric4dbgstub

And the 2 others give me similar errors.

> If not then the only thing I can suggest is that
> you don't have msvcp71.dll installed. PyQt requires it but doesn't install it
> itself.

Well, my hard drive has 23 copies of msvcp71.dll. I don't know about
the installation.

Dick Moores