[PyQt] Question about QTimer and QThreads

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 29 08:15:45 GMT 2007

On 28.10.07 18:31:25, Darren Dale wrote:
> I am trying to understand how to run a second event loop using a qthread. The
> Qt docs indicate this is possible, but I haven't found any examples. I have a
> simple example that I think should work, but doesn't. When I run my thread's
> exec_(), it blocks. The actual application I am writing calls the qApp's
> exec_ before the thread's exec_, but even then the thread's exec_ blocks
> further execution. Does anyone know how to do this?

Quite easy: Run exec_() inside the new thread, not inside your GUI/main
thread. To do that add a run() method which only contains

self.exec_()

Then from the main thread (i.e. after the text.connect) start your
thread by calling a.start(). You might need to add another function to
your thread-class that starts the timer, but I'm not sure might as well
just work as is...

Andreas

--
You're at the end of the road again.