[PyQt] Problems with QGraphicsSvgItem and QtCore

Gustav Magnus Vikstrøm gustavv at ifi.uio.no
Mon Oct 29 15:26:44 GMT 2007

Hi

Our application uses SVG graphics and I'm experiencing errors/segfaults
after exiting the application. Here is a sample program that reproduces
the error:

        from PyQt4.QtCore import *
        from PyQt4.QtGui import *
        from PyQt4.QtSvg import QGraphicsSvgItem

        app = QApplication([])

        scene = QGraphicsScene()
        view = QGraphicsView(scene)

        item = QGraphicsSvgItem("Bitmap_VS_SVG.svg")
        scene.addItem(item)

        view.show()
        app.exec_()

Using this SVG file:
        http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Bitmap_VS_SVG.svg

results in this error and segfault when closed:

        QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads
        started with QThread
        Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I ran it with gdb and got the following output:

        http://pastebin.com/m51f87da8

If i omit the QtCore import the program exits without errors. Has anyone
experienced similar problems? I am running Qt 4.3.2 with PyQt 4.3.1.

- Magnus Vikstrøm