[PyQt] PyKDE4 Update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Sep 3 20:23:47 BST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007 09:48, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: Does PyKDE4 also work without GUI/X11 when one
> restricts himself to kdecore module? (I suspect so, but wanted to make
> sure)

I was going to say "probably", but KApplication is in kdeui now, so it seems
less probable. The kdecore Makefile links in a bunch of X stuff, and kdecore
also imports QtGui - I'm not sure at the moment if/why those are really
necessary, but it wouldn't be hard to edit the Makefile and configure.py to
find out.

> Thanks for the great work (also to Simon), I suspect I might get back to
> PyQt4/PyKDE4 hacking sooner, now that I've got the full KDE power at my
> hands :)
>
> Andreas
>
> PS: great work as in: having PyKDE4 ready for the 4.0 release, I didn't
> yet check it out, but the svn co is already running :)

Thanks.

JIm