[PyQt] Re: PyQt Digest, Vol 38, Issue 11

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Sep 5 17:20:42 BST 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 06:49, Bart wrote:
>     jim:/home/jim # c++filt _ZNK23konsoleBrowserExtension9classNameEv
>     konsoleBrowserExtension::className() const
>
>     Run configure.py -x which disables konsolePart support (or
>     alternatively edit
>     the top level Makefile to remove konsole and konsolePart references.
>     If the
>     className() method isn't there, nothing related to konsolePart is.
>
>     Not every Linux distribution supports (support varies by version too).
>
>     configure.py should detect this automatically, and I thought it was
>     off by
>     default. You might be using an older version of PyKDE.
>
>     Jim
>
> You mean configure.py -w :)

No, I mean "python congfigure.py -x"
jim at jim:~/PyKDE> python configure.py -h
Usage:
    python configure.py [-h] [-c] [-d dir] [-g] [-j #] [-k] [-n dir] [-o dir]
[-r] [-u] [-v dir] [-z file]
where:
    -h      displays this help message
    -c      concatenates each module's C/C++ source files [default]
    -d dir  where the PyKDE modules will be installed
[default /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages]
    -g      always release the GIL (SIP v3.x behaviour)
    -i      no concatenation of each module's C/C++ source files
    -j #    splits the concatenated C++ source files into # pieces [default 1]
    -k dir  the KDE base directory
    -L dir  the library directory name [default lib]
    -n dir  the directory containing the KDE lib files
    -o dir  the directory containing the KDE header files
    -r      generates code with tracing enabled [default disabled]
    -u      build with debugging symbols
    -v dir  where the PyKDE .sip files will be installed
[default /usr/share/sip]
    -w      turn on KDE deprecated object warnings when compiling [default
off]
    -x      disable kinsole_part support   <<<<-------------------------
    -z file the name of a file containing command line flags

(although "kinsole" should be spelled "konsole")

> But I need kparts module to work.

It has nothing to do with kparts working. It's support for the konsolePart,
which won't work with some Linux distributions (lately, won't work with
most).

> I want to build pykdeextensions and after that guidance.
>
> Part of log from rpmbuild:

I can't troubleshoot someone else's rpm. I'd suggest downloading PyKDE from
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pykde/download.php and trying that. Or
just compile the way it worked before with -x.

The error you first posted about was an undefined variable at load, not
compile errors. The original errors were missing lib support for konsolePart
- you still get KParts without that.

Jim