[PyQt] Eric3 issue: importing modules with the same name as an Eric module

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Thu Sep 27 14:04:03 BST 2007

Detlev wrote:

> You are right! And here are instructions for fixing it.

Hi Detlev,

Awesome! Thank you for this!

Don't we risk bumping into the very same problem if somebody ever tries
to run something with a DebugConfig module in Eric though?

In that spirit, I think I've found a more robust fix for the issue:

In file 'DebugClients/Python/DebugClientBase.py', replace the line:

from Config import ConfigVarTypeStrings

... with:

from DebugClients.Python.Config import ConfigVarTypeStrings

I've tested that it fixes my issue: with this modification, my own
Config module imports correctly and my project runs fine within Eric.

However, I cannot say if there are other module names that could
conflict with the Eric debugger. Presumably, applying the same fix
would work fine too, though.

With kind regards,

-- S.