[PyQt] Eric3 issue: importing modules with the same name as an Eric module

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Fri Sep 28 12:58:50 BST 2007

Detlev wrote:

> Your fix doesn't work over here. It seems, that there is more about
> it.

Aw crap. :)

What version of Eric is it, running on what version of Python, and
what's the problem: does the fix cause it to not work in a different
way, or does it just fail to fix the problem I reported?

Mind you, I am not all that familiar with the nitty-gritty details of
how the module cache works, but I was under the impression that the
name of the keys of the sys.modules dictionary was what was used to
determine whether an import statement should try looking up the module,
or just return a reference to the already loaded module. What my fix
was supposed to do, was thus put 'DebugClients.Python.Config' in
sys.modules instead of 'Config'.

What output do you get for this script:

import sys
print [ m for m in sys.modules if "Config" in m ]

... when you run it, respectively with a patched DebugClientBase.py and
with an unpatched one? Myself, I get ["DebugClients.Python.Config"] and
["Config"], respectively, which is the behavior I expected.

Thanks,

-- S.