[PyQt] Cross Compiled PYQT

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Sat Apr 12 09:13:03 BST 2008

Hal Glenn schrieb:
> OK, I ended up following David's example completely, at first we had
> tried with newer versions of Python QT sip etc but each one possessed a
> problem so we dropped back to using David's work almost word for word,
> accept in order to cross compile Python we had to edit it's Makefile
> slightly to build the correct architecture python libs. One we had all
> that done, we copied the tree over to our device (gumstix) and ran a few
> tests on QT and Python. Both seemed to be working fine.
>
> But once we started trying to looking PYQT we got a Seg fault... don't
> suppose any of you know what this means? besides it's broke :)
>
> root at gumstix-custom-verdex:~/inclinometer$ /qtopia/bin/python
> Python 2.4.4 (#4, Apr 11 2008, 14:25:03)
> [GCC 4.1.2] on linux2
> QPaintDevice::metrics: Device has no metric information
> Unrecognised metric -1095300876!
> root at gumstix-custom-verdex:~/inclinometer$

See
http://www.koders.com/cpp/fid5E72FF127FF66330C902165EB46C14C3BA824BD6.aspx?s=mdef%3Ainsert
for the source code which prints the line. My guess is that the wrong
QPaintDevice is used, that is one which doesn't implement metric() or
maybe overloading doesn't work correctly.

Can you compile the code with debug information?

Regards,

http://darkviews.blogspot.com/          http://www.pdark.de/