[PyQt] KDE Plasmoids in Python

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Mon Apr 14 14:21:35 BST 2008

Greetings, good folks of various sizes and shapes,

Has anyone, and I'm especially turning to our fine PyKDE people here,
successfully gotten a Python Plasmoid (applet, data engine, runner,
whichever) to work in KDE 4, either 4.0 or in trunk?

I have been looking into it and generally remained baffled about how to
go about it -- Aaron 'Awesome' Seigo pointed me to ScriptEngine in
playground, but that's about where I'm stuck at this point: Plasma
doesn't seem to register the example Python Plasmoids that ship in
playground/base/plasma/scriptengines/kross/, and I don't really know
where to begin looking.

Thanks,

-- S.