[PyQt] where to ./setup --install your ui.rc file

Christoph Burgmer chrislb at gmx.de
Tue Apr 15 11:02:16 BST 2008

Yesterday I created a Debian package of my app "id3encodingconverter". Debian
puts kde's ui.rc files under /usr/share/app/'app-name'/. So I made my python
distutils setup.py copy the file'id3encodingconverterui.rc'
to 'share/apps/id3encodingconverter/'. Well, I guess when not using Debian
this behaviour will make the app miss it's ui.rc file.

I'm looking for some quick advice how to best handle this issue. Where to copy
the file? Hardcode the path in the program's source?

Chris