[PyQt] Simple Draw/Erase on image

Jake Richards blaven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:59:16 BST 2008

Hello:
  I am looking to write just a simple drawing program that would load an
image, and then allow me to draw and erase on top of it.  I looked at the
scribble example and it has basically everything I need except the ability
to erase any marks I've made over the source image.  What would be the best
way to erase any drawn lines I've created over the image?  I tried setting
the image to ARGB and then switching the pen to (0,0,0,0) but that draws
nothing (I was hoping it would draw 0,0,0,0 instead of adding color*alpha).
Is there a way to use the source image as my pen color (basically painting
with a texture)?  Thanks for any help!